Thursday, November 22, 2007

7.24pm and counting

I have a phone conference at 7.30pm tonight. It's with a colleague in the UK to discuss other colleagues in the US, Thailand, UK, Singapore ... you name it. This will be 8.30am their time. We had originally planned to talk at 8am (aka 7pm Australian time) however, with the onset of their winter, it is still dark at that hour. Here in Australia it is still light (or would be if not for the cloud) at 7.26pm.

Strangely, I was on a phone call with a colleague in the UK at 7am this morning (8pm yesterday for them).

Tomorrow I have a video conference with the UK at 8am our time (9pm yesterday in the UK); and a phone call with the US at 9.30am (4pm Thanksgiving Day, Mountain time). It's OK, I'm talking to a Scot, not a Yank.

OK, 7.30 it is ... hello world, it's me, are you there?

No comments: