Friday, January 2, 2009

The opposite of 'twittering'

Via early morning TV (the 'Today Show' from the USA) I discovered that I'm 'in'. It was New Year's Eve in Melbourne, and during my week off work, I was enjoying a lazy sleep in. Well, for me it was a 'lie in' as I wake up at about 5am regardless of the day. I can (and do) then doze for a while, which is where they informed me of what's 'in' & 'out' for 2009.

Apparently 'twittering' (the short random posting of trivial matters) is 'out' for 2009 (I'm still having trouble with that date) and 'slow blogging' is 'in'. With only 21 blog posts for 2008 (I can use that date easily enough), I think that is the epitome of 'slow' blogging!

I'm also 'slowly' embracing my new home and neighbourhood: purchasing new furniture; tending to my garden; visiting a local watering hole for a beer on New Year's Eve...

Following much anticipation, My BM & I did walk to 'the G' to enjoy the boxing Day test match. While she enjoyed days 1 and 2, I 'enjoyed' the first 4 days (on the fifth day I shopped).

This photo was taken on Boxing Day, before Ricky Ponting scored a century. The South Africans were outstanding on day 3, when we dropped our guard just enough for them to pounce. In recent times, the strength of our team has enabled us to win even when we're playing below our best. We are now still a good team, but not jst as dominant in comparison with the other test playing nations (especially the next best 2 teams, who we have both played in the past few months (sorry, NZ, that's not you

It wasn't a complete loss, and I did thoroughly enjoy Ricky Ponting's batting, just not the execution of the day 3 games plans.

I anticipate that there will now be a battle to be the premier test playing nation, which is what a contest is meant to be. The Australian test team will be competing with other nations to be the best, and it won't be a walkover. Maybe now the ungrateful elements of the public and media will realise that the success enjoyed by the team in recent years was not luck or through bullying, but was the result of skill and hard work and was really something to be celebrated and congratulated.

No comments: