Saturday, December 29, 2007

On the fourth day of Christmas ...

my true love sent to me ...

foregone conclusion

three Ponting runs,

two Brad Hogg wickets,

and a Matthew Hayden century

apologies for the pun, but I couldn't find a four in any of the significant numbers from today's cricket.

Gilly is one away from 400 test dismissals; the most successful bowler today was Mitchell Johnson with 3 wickets (good sharing, guys); the winning margin was 337 runs; and the number of consecutive test victories now stands at 15.

In the end, I didn't go to today's play. I would have been solo, which has never stopped me in the past, but on a day of 37+C, I preferred not to venture out. So there I sat, reading newspapers that have accumulated over the past 3 days, listening to the ABC and watching channel 9 coverage (with the sound turned down).

If all goes to plan, I will get to see TLM play his last test innings in Australia in Adelaide at the end of January.

So the Australian juggernaut continues and Gilchrist's 8 dismissals has generated $144,000 for the McGrath foundation & breast cancer research (hence the pink gloves in picture) ... all in all a successful test match.

However, without cricket tomorrow, what will my true love bring me on the 5th day of Christmas?

No comments: