Monday, October 13, 2008

no excuses ... no promises

yes, I know that it has been some time since I blogged and apparently it is very poor etiquette to have such extended breaks.

I can't offer any valid reasons other than I've been busy and tired at the end of the day when I would usually blog. I know that one of the purposes for connecting via wireless at my new home was to allow me to blog while parked on the couch (yes that new one from the last blog) while watching TV. Watching TV is a very important part of my relaxation time. I find it very conducive to my mental health to watch re-runs of 'Friends' or new episodes of UK cooking shows.

But now it's cricket season!! To date, while the sun has been shining and the days are longer, I haven't yet smelt freshly cut grass nor heard the sound of willow on leather. Just the thought of experiencing the smells & sounds of summer is enough to make me smile!
The weather on AFL Grand Final day was more like cricket than football ... and in deference to my Geelong supporting friends I'll leave reference to that day there. However, I did wander amongst the crowd in my new neighbourhood, and observed some amazing sights ...


No comments: